Delivery Of Goods
Customer Arranged Freight
All customers have the option to arrange their own freight, speak to your Sales Rep who may be able to offer you some compensation towards your own freight costs.
Purchasers right to select and manage their own delivery cost:
- CDS will assist in the process and offer guidance if a purchaser would like to arrange their own delivery.
- CDS require a minimum of 48-hours’ notice prior to the purchaser arranged freight collection.is
As our items are large, we use various couriers and freight services depending on item and location.
When your order is dispatched, you will receive an email detailing the courier or freight company name, and an approximate delivery date. We will also instruct the driver to call before they deliver.
We are not responsible for any additional fees/permits/costs/charges that are imposed by the delivery location.
Unloading At Destination
Unless pre-arranged and cost agreed, the purchaser is required to have a forklift on site and is responsible for unloading. The purchaser may be charged for a failed delivery if suitable equipment is not available on site for unloading. CDS is not responsible for any delivery delays once your items have been collected by a transport company.
- We only allow for the product to be placed within 20 metres of an accessible, unobstructed entry, suitable for the vehicle delivering the product.
- Unless agreed to in writing prior to dispatch our delivery services do not include lifting over, under, into or onto any structures, placing in or on a specific location like foundations or footings.
- Charges may be incurred by the purchaser due to unsuitable site conditions, e.g. preparation, weather, off loading delays, etc.
- It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure the delivery site is clear, easily accessible and a forklift is available for unloading if required.
- Delivery denied once approved by the purchaser may incur a fee payable by the purchaser.
- Incorrect delivery information resulting in freight delays may incur a fee payable by the purchaser.
Special Requirements for 40ft Portable Buildings
- Delivery is by semi-trailer. The building is to be lifted off by customer at the final destination.
- Installation i.e. placement, lifting two side roofs, lowering floors and lifting walls is by crane (provided by customer).
Defects And Items Damaged In Transit
If any items arrive with defects or damage the customer must notify us within 5 days of delivery by phone on 1300 200 121 and email images and details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your notification has been received and verified, a CDS representative will be in contact to assist.